Monday, February 20, 2012

Mrs. Hag needs a Magic E


Here I am as Ms. Hag last year.  Looking good!
I can't lie, this is one of my favorite days of the year.  I dress as "Ms. Hag." The e has fallen off my name tag and Ms. Hage is suddenly Ms. Hag. I have a great set of awful teeth, a bad wig and a dear friend's grandma's housecoat to make the transformation. I am less than pleasant as I greet the students. They are eager for me to transform back into Ms. Hage (as am I because the teeth really aren't comfortable). The students help figure out what I can do to fix my name. Once we add the e to the name tag I take out the teeth, take off the housecoat and remove the wig (although my hair tends to still look pretty bad after having a wig flattening it out). 




We follow up the lesson with an activity changing CVC words into V-E words with a long vowel sound.Magic E practice activity


Adding the "Magic" e.                             Back to normal.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, you are so fun!! I want to be in your class. Honestly, I've just been going through your site from the beginning and I am so super-impressed. Your talent is just amazing. I hope you know how awesome you are. I'm off to TpT to put your magic e download on my wishlist. Still student teaching but if I get a primary grade I will be using your ideas like crazy. Your students (and their families) are so lucky!

    ReplyDelete