Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Where the Wild Things Are

Every year I need to spend a few days with my old friend Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak. I even have a "wolf suit." Well, I had a wolf suit.  I lost the tail so now I just wear the hat - and that is "bad" enough.  Where the Wild Things Are has such a nice rhythm, such beautiful illustrations, and perfect text for class participation. And, of course, the story.

Directed Drawing followed by coloring, outlining and painted wash.
Some finished Wild Things by FDKers.
Wait - the rumpus!  We rumpus every time we read the story.  We dance.  We respond to "cue cards." We make Wild Things puppets, put on Cantina from Star Wars and really RUMPUS!
We rumpus with cue cards - Read! React!
I put a few things together for TPT Where the Wild Things Are mini-unit

Puppets add to the fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment